NIKOLAY SIDELNIKOV (1930-1992)
The oustanding Soviet composer, the honored artist of Russia, the Winner of the State premium named M.I.Glinki, has graduated from the Moscow State conservatory in 1957 on a class of a composition prof. E.O.Messnera, postgraduated study on a class prof. J.A.Shaporina; since 1958 the assistant prof. A.I.Hachaturjana and J.A.Shaporina; since 1961 teached in the Moscow conservatory the class of composition. He was one of the leading professor of the Moscow conservatory with the unique technique of teaching in theory and practice of composition. His school has given more than ten young composers with strongly established worldknown name: among them Vyacheslav Artemov, Edward Artem'ev (the organizer and the initiator of electronic music in the USSR), Dmitry Smirnov, Vladimir Tarnopol'sky, Vladimir Martynov, Sergey Pavlenko, Vladimir Bitkin and others.
Nikolay Sidel'nikov's pen belong three operas, ballet "Stepan Razin", 6 symphonies, 3 oratorios, a lot of choral, chamber and instrumental music. The first international success in 1971 on the UNESCO Composers' Tribune in Paris have brought to him his "Russian fairy tales " - a concert for 12 instrumentalists, got in ten best compositions of the World Concert Season of 1970/71. His pieces with triumphal success were performed in Prague and Bratislava, Zagreb and Berlin, Milan, Amsterdam, Paris and Peking. Especially from last premieres it would be desirable to note performances of his plays in New York, it was the Chamber Symphony for a violoncello, a contrabass, 2 pianos and shock under the name of the "DUEL's" written under order of Mstislav Rostropovich, in the Concert Merkin Hall March, 11, 1990 and the Symphony on verses of M.Yu. Lermontov "the Mutionus world of the poet" for a baritone of a chamber orchestra which with the big success was held February, 7-th, 1991 also in the Concert Merkin Hall, and a premiere of his spiritual concert in Cathedral of Deva Maria on 46-th street of New York under management of Andrew Goodman.
Nikolay Sidel'nikov supported creative and pedagogical communications with many musicians and conservatories of the countries of Europe, Asia and America.
September, 29, 2000 on radio station "Sadko" (202Н, 1.484 KHz) was held a concert devoted to a 70-anniversary of birthday of Nikolay Sidel'nikov (records are in a MR3-format):
3, 4, 5. Two parts (21-st and 24-th psalms) from spiritual cantata "Psalms", a flute - P.Lavrenenkov, the conductor - O.Sitnikov.
7, 8, 9.Three pieces from " a children's album ", played by A.Ginzburg: the Echo, Night rustles of a wood, the Overseas bird.
11. Last crying an accordion (a cantata "Cordial Talks", a part 7), the conductor - V.Simonov.
14, 15. A bell (№ 10), Memento (№ 11) from "Romansero about love and death", a piano - A.Sidel'nikova, shock - V.Shilov, a bass - guitar - A.Parsadanov, solo on an acoustic guitar - G.Shajdulova (synthesizer). Conducting - A.Knjazev, the editor - D.Kereselidze.
16. Tchertogon (part of opera) Perm's opera theather. Full audio version in MP3 format.
17. Elegy (tenor - A. Naumenko, piano - A.Sidelnikova, violin - P.Borisova, bass - P.Tsvetkov).
18. Novel-Symphony for piano solo "Labyrinthes" (based on Ancient Greek myths about Theseus).
19.Opera "The Run" ( fragments) based on the same-name drama by Mikhail Bulgakov.
20.Symphony of Russian Land's Ruin.
22.Oratorio "Boris and Gleb" (based on Old Russian chronicles of the XII-XVI centuries.).
23. Oratorio on verses on M.Yu. Lermontov "Rebellious world of a poet".
25.Russian Fairy Tales (Concerto for twelve soloists).
1 There, behind the hills, lies
26. "Romancero about love and death " on text Federico Garc?a Lorca.
28. Opera "The Scarlet Flower" (based on the same-name well-known fairy tale-myth by S. T. Aksakov).
29. Choral poem "Evening Prayer about the World".
30. Spiritual Concert No.1.
31. "Sichuan elegies" in two notebooks ("The Thoughts about itself", "The thoughts turned to the friend") on verses Du Foo for a mixed chorus, soloists, flute, flute-pikkolo, harp, vibraphone and group of percussions.