NIKOLAY SIDELNIKOV (1930-1992)
An outstanding Russian composer, the Winner of the State premium by
M.I.Glinka, the honored artist of Russia, professor of the Moscow State
Conservatory. In 1957 he has graduated the Moscow State conservatory
- class of composition by prof. E.O.Messner, postgraduated study by
prof. J.A.Shaporin, since 1958 the assistant prof. A.I.Hachaturjan and
prof. J.A.Shaporin; since 1961 teached in the Moscow conservatory the
class of composition. He was one of the leading professor of the Moscow
conservatory with the unique technique of teaching in theory and practice
of composition. His school has given more than ten young composers with
strongly established world-known name: among them Vyacheslav Artemov,
Edward Artem'ev (the organizer and the initiator of electronic music
in the USSR), Dmitry Smirnov, Vladimir Tarnopol'sky, Vladimir Martynov,
Sergey Pavlenko, Vladimir Bitkin and others.
September, 29, 2000 on radio station "Sadko" (202Н, 1.484 KHz) was held a concert devoted to a 70-anniversary of birthday of Nikolay Sidel'nikov (records are in a MR3-format):
3, 4, 5. Two parts (21-st and 24-th psalms) from spiritual cantata "Psalms", a flute - P.Lavrenenkov, the conductor - O.Sitnikov.
11. Last crying an accordion (a cantata "Cordial Talks", a part 7),
14, 15. A bell (№ 10), Memento (№ 11) from "Romansero about love and death", a piano - A.Sidel'nikova, shock - V.Shilov, a bass - guitar - A.Parsadanov, solo on an acoustic guitar - G.Shajdulova (synthesizer). Conducting - A.Knjazev, the editor - D.Kereselidze.
16. Tchertogon (part of opera) Perm's opera theather. Full audio version in MP3 format.
17. Elegy (tenor - A. Naumenko, piano - A.Sidelnikova, violin - P.Borisova, bass - P.Tsvetkov).
18. Cry of king David (tenor - A. Naumenko, organ - A.Sidelnikova)
19. Novel-Symphony for piano solo "Labyrinthes" (based on Ancient Greek myths about Theseus).
20.Opera "The Run" ( fragments) based on the same-name drama by Mikhail Bulgakov.
21.Symphony of Russian Land's Ruin.
23.Oratorio "Raised sword" (based on Old Russian chronicles of the XII-XVI centuries.).
24. Oratorio on verses on M.Yu. Lermontov "Rebellious world of a poet".
26.Russian Fairy Tales (Concerto for twelve soloists).
1 There, behind the hills, lies
27. "Romancero about love and death " on text Federico Garcia Lorca.
29. Opera "The Scarlet Flower" (based on the same-name well-known fairy tale-myth by S. T. Aksakov).
30. Choral poem "Evening Prayer about the World".
32. "Sichuan elegies" in two notebooks ("The Thoughts about itself", "The thoughts turned to the friend") on verses Du Foo for a mixed chorus, soloists, flute, flute-pikkolo, harp, vibraphone and group of percussions.
34. Symphony number 3 "Hymn to nature"
35. Passacaglia per organo. (Video)
38. The cycle for two sopranos, mezzo-soprano, tenor and piano on verses by V.Khlebnikov "In the country of sedge and forget-me-nots".
39. The vocal cycle for tenor and piano " on verses by A. Blok "Vision ant nightmares of Hamlet".
40. Sonata - Epitaph for piano solo in memory of P.I. Tchaikovsky.
41. Ceremonial Cantus for chorus and orchestra.